Firearms Purchase Terms & Conditions
Option 1: Visit a Certified Staccato 2011® Retail Partner
We work closely with a number of certified Staccato 2011® dealers across the United States. These dealers are knowledgeable of our full product line, and many have shooting ranges so you can try a Staccato 2011® before you purchase one. If a dealer does not have your preferred model in stock, the dealer can place an order with Staccato.
Option 2: Order a Staccato 2011® Online
You may now order a Staccato 2011® online. From each pistol’s product page (found under the “Guns” tab in the navigation), you can place your desired model into our e-commerce shopping cart. On select models, you will also have the option to expedite your order for an additional fee. Orders are paid in full and pistols are built to order. During the checkout process, you will choose a federal firearms licensed dealer (FFL) for delivery and transfer (either by selecting a Staccato certified dealer or providing a copy of an independent dealer’s FFL certificate).
When your purchased pistol arrives at your selected FFL, it is required that you meet all federal, state, and local laws for transfer. Please carefully read the terms and conditions of purchasing our pistols online prior to ordering (see below).
We are pleased to provide Law Enforcement, Military, and First Responders our Heroes Program discount; identity verification is part of the checkout process.
Purchase Terms & Conditions For Online Firearm Orders
Federal law requires all pistols ordered from – and purchased on — Staccato2011.com be shipped to a federal firearms licensed dealer (FFL) in your state of residence to be transferred to you.
You must select a dealer in your state of residence to which your pistol will be shipped for purposes of having it transferred to you. If you select a Staccato certified dealer (list available in the Dealer Locator), the dealer will transfer your pistol to you and may charge an additional transfer fee.
If you choose to ship your pistol to an independent FFL dealer of your choice, you will need to provide a copy of its FFL license in the online checkout process. You will need to make arrangements with that dealer to agree to receive the pistol on your behalf and pay any transfer fee charged by such dealer.
The person purchasing the pistol through this website must be the actual purchaser of the pistol who will complete the Form 4473 at the dealer and pass a National Instant Criminal Background Check System (“NICS”). Federal law does not allow another person to pick up the firearm you purchased from the dealer and complete the Form 4473.
All pistol sales are final; pistols may not be returned for a refund or exchange. Prior to placing an order for a pistol, you should ensure that you are legally permitted to purchase and possess a pistol pursuant to federal, state, and local law, and have any licenses, permits, etc. required by state and local law. In addition, you should also ensure that the particular pistol you are purchasing is legal for you to possess pursuant to state and local law.
If the pistol is unable to be transferred to you at an FFL (for violation of any federal, state, or local law, or inability to produce current licenses or permits required by state and local law), your online payment will be refunded minus a twenty percent (20%) restocking fee and the cost of the return shipping.
At present, Staccato does not ship firearms to California, District of Columbia, and Massachusetts (except for law enforcement officers). Pistols shipped to states with magazine capacity restrictions will have ten round capacity magazines.
Prior to transferring the pistol to you, the dealer will require you to complete a Form 4473, on which you must answer the following questions under penalty of perjury:
- Are you under indictment or information in any court for a felony, or any other crime for which the judge could imprison you for more than one year?
- Have you ever been convicted in any court of a felony, or any other crime for which the judge could imprison you for more than one year even if you received a shorter sentence including probation?
- Are you a fugitive from justice?
- Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance? Warning: The use or possession of marijuana remains unlawful under Federal law regardless of whether it has been legalized or decriminalized for medicinal or recreational purposes in the state where you reside.
- Have you ever been adjudicated as a mental defective OR have you ever been committed to a mental institution?
- Have you ever been discharged from the Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions?
- Are you subject to a court order restraining you from harassing, stalking or threatening your child or an intimate partner or child of such partner?
- Have you ever renounced your United States citizenship?
- Are you an alien illegally or unlawfully in the United States?
You must be able to answer “no” to all of the above questions for the dealer to legally transfer the pistol to you. In addition, there are additional requirements if you are an alien admitted into the United States under a non-immigrant visa. If you do not know whether you can answer “no” to any of the above questions, you should consult with an attorney before purchasing a pistol online from Staccato.
The dealer will not be able to transfer the pistol to you if:
- Your answers to the Form 4473 indicate that federal law prohibits you from purchasing and possessing the pistol; your NICS check results in a response of denied; or
- The dealer has reasonable cause to believe that federal or state law prohibits it from transferring the pistol to you for any reason, e.g., you are straw purchasing the pistol on behalf of another person, you have an odor of marijuana, etc.
If the dealer is unable to transfer the pistol to you for one of the above reasons, you can request that the dealer ship the pistol back to Staccato. Upon receipt and inspection, Staccato will refund the purchase price, minus a twenty percent (20%) restocking fee and the cost of the return shipping.
By placing an order for a pistol online, I hereby acknowledge that:
- I am the actual purchaser of the pistol.
- I am legally eligible to purchase and possess the pistol pursuant to federal, state, and local law.
- The pistol is legal for me to purchase and possess pursuant to state and local law.
- I possess any and all required licenses, permits, etc. for me to purchase and possess the pistol pursuant to state and local law.
- The sale of the pistol is final, and it may not be returned for a refund or exchange.
- If the dealer is unable to transfer the pistol to me, there will be a twenty percent (20%) restocking fee, in addition to the return shipping costs.
The following states have specific requirements to purchase handguns in addition to the completion of a Form 4473: California; Connecticut; District of Columbia; Hawaii; Illinois; Iowa; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Nebraska; New Jersey; New York; North Carolina; and Rhode Island. Information on the specific type of license/permit required by each state is below:
A handgun safety certificate is required to purchase a handgun. Cal. Penal Code § 26840.
In order to purchase a handgun, Connecticut law requires either: (1) a permit to carry a pistol or revolver; (2) a permit to sell at retail a pistol or revolver; or (3) an eligibility certificate for a pistol or revolver. Conn. Gen. Stat. § 29-33(b).
District of Columbia
A registration certificate is required to purchase a handgun. D.C. Code §§ 7-2502.01 et seq.
A permit to acquire a handgun is required to purchase a handgun. Haw. Stat. § 134-2.
A Firearm Owner’s Identification Card is required to purchase a handgun. 430 Ill. Comp. Stat. § 65/2.
Either a permit to acquire pistols or revolvers, or a permit to carry weapons, is required to purchase a handgun. Iowa Code § 724.15.
A handgun qualification license is required to purchase a handgun. Md. Code, Pub. Safety § 5-117.1.
Either a Class A or Class B license to carry, or a firearm identification card and a permit to purchase a firearm, is required to purchase a handgun. A Class B license to carry is not sufficient to purchase a semiautomatic pistol capable of accepting a magazine with a capacity of more than ten rounds. Mass Gen. Law ch. 140, § 131E(b).
A license to purchase is required to buy a handgun. Mich. Comp. Laws § 28.422.
A transferee permit, or a permit to carry, is required to purchase a handgun. If the purchaser does not have one of these permits, the dealer can still sell a handgun by making a written report to the chief law enforcement officer and then waiting five business days to allow time for an investigation. Minn. Stat. § 624.7132.
A certificate to purchase a handgun, or a concealed handgun permit, is required to buy a handgun. Neb. Rev. Stat. § 69-2403.
A permit to purchase a handgun is required to buy a handgun. N.J. Rev. Stat. §§ 2C:58-2(a)(5)(a) & 2C:58-3.
A license to possess, or a license to carry, a handgun is required to purchase a handgun in New York. N.Y. Penal Law § 400.00.
A permit to purchase or receive a handgun, or a concealed handgun permit, is required to buy a handgun. N.C. Gen. State. § 14-1402(a).
A pistol/revolver safety certificate, or a license to carry a concealed pistol or revolver, is required to buy and handgun. R.I. Gen. Laws § 11-47-35-35.1.
Ammo Purchasing Eligibility
Pursuant to 28 U.S.C. § 1746, I hereby certify that it is legal for me to purchase, own, and possess ammunition pursuant to federal, state, and local law. In addition, I certify that I:
- am at least twenty-one years old;
- am a U.S. citizen, or a legal alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence in the U.S.;
- am not under indictment for, and have not been convicted in any court of, a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year;
- am not a fugitive from justice;
- am not an unlawful user of, or addicted to, any controlled substance;
- have not been adjudicated as a mental defective, and have not been committed to any mental institution;
- have not been discharged from the Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions;
- have not renounced my United States citizenship;
- am not subject to a court order that restrains me from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner, or child of such intimate partner, or engaging in other conduct that would place an intimate partner in reasonable fear of bodily injury to the partner or child; and
- have not been convicted in any court of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence.
I have read, understand and agree to be bound by Staccato 2011, LLC’s Terms and Conditions as set forth on its website.
I declare under penalty of perjury that the foregoing is true and correct.